Today I heard a song by Celine Dion on radio. And I didn't turn the radio of. I actually *listened* to the *whole* song. What's up with me ?
And now, from sewphisticate
1. You are limited to sewing costumes from ONE era (I was going to say one decade, but that's too soul crushing). NOTE: If you prefer fantasy or science fiction work, you must limit yourself to ONE movie or book series. Pick!
1895-1905. And that fits into one decade :D
One always comes back to one's first loves, they say...
2. You must choose ONE color to work in for the rest of your life (NOT BLACK. NOT WHITE.) It is...
I'd say green but it doesn't suit my skin type so well. So red. I hope we're allowed different shades ?
3. You must choose ONE type of fabric to sew on forever, it is... (and no, "silk" isn't good enough. Nor is "cotton." "Cotton voile," or "silk satin," however, are both suitable answers.)
I'd love to say wool but my eyes wouldn't agree. So cotton twill.
4. Why did you choose that ONE fabric you just chose?
Corsets ! :D
5. You can have only ONE costume whore DVD to watch forever. What is it?
"The Importance of being earnest" with Judy Dench in this very purple girlygirly dress, oooooh... And Gwendolyn's cream and blach stipey one... yummy !
6. You can keep only ONE of the costumes you have made. What is it and WHY?
Caramel's stripey woollen skirt. Because it is well made, elegant and practical.
7. You get only ONE website for research, or for diversion. You choose...
My LJ :D
8. You can keep only ONE of your reference books (painful, I know). Which is it and WHY?
OH NOOOOOOOOO ! Please SPARE my books, pleaaaaaase... *sob* Okay,"Das Buch der Wäsche", because it gives you loads and loads of different shapes and pattern for girly victorian underwear
9. You may keep your machines, your scissors, your chalk, thread and pins, but you may have only ONE other sewing tool. It is...
Seam ripper !
Second thought : no needle ? oh geez...
10. The sewing g*ds are feeling a little guilty about their draconian measures, so you can have ONE costume from a movie, or stolen from someone's (anyone you choose!) closet for inspiration. You take...
I'm hesitating between Gwendolyn's above mentionned striped outfit and Merteuil's black and orange from Dangerous Liaisons. But that's only because I haven't rewatched L'Anglaise et le Duc recently, you know, because otherwise I would totally steal one of her dresses, hehehe...