... but the little pirate is with his grand-parents and I don't know how to teleport the costume for try-on purposes. So let us assume it will fit, right ? I used a somewhat limp cotton I had in stash - I had just enough ! -, metal rings from the hardware store to make the buttons, and a cotton/poly blend for the neck frill. As I said previously, I skipped the chemise the frill should be on - as well as the rest of the undergarments.
That brings me to 12-7 in terms of projects, right ? :) And now, back to draping my late 1790s gown. Or rather, ensemble, as I'm making two pieces. Only, I don't know what to do in terms of jacket. I just adore the two pieces on pages 79 and 80 of Costume in Detail, but there's another outfit in Les Belles de mai that's pretty too. It has drawstrings at the neckline and under the bust, closes at center front and the basque is cut away and rounded at center front. I'm still pondering... In the meantime, I started working on the bodice supporting the skirt. I have my 1790s jumps I can wear under this (and I draped the pattern on), but I'm wondering whether or not I could make the bodice tight enough to support the breasts on its own. It's worth a try - not that my jumps are uncomfortable or anything, they just dig a little bit into my armpits but not enough to really bother me. I'm just curious whether or not this would work.
And blah, this laptop's keyboard isn't reacting unless I type with a hammer or something. Very unpleasant laptop ! - but still, it's nice to have a computer downstairs as well.